The Bakery, in the grounds of Myrtle House, nestles in the tranquil apple orchard of east Kent, between the villages of Preston and Elmstone. It dates from around 1820, and has been lovingly converted over 5 years, from near dereliction into a holiday home sleeping up to 5 people, but also great for couples.
An ideal base from which to explore east Kent on foot, bike or car, Preston is on national cycle Route 1 (see www.spokeseastkent.org.uk) and is in easy reach of Canterbury and the coastal towns, nature reserves, historic sites, golf clubs and country pubs and other treasures.
The late Victorian bread oven and fire box is surrounded with white glazed bricks and is the focal point of the sitting room. Available for most of the year for weekly lets or three night breaks, the owners live next door and are on hand if needed to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
The Bakery At A Glance
- Peaceful countryside location, central for East Kent.
- Kitchen / diner fully equipped. Table seats 6.
- Bedroom 1. One double downstairs.
- Sitting room with TV / DVD, radio / CD / iPod.
- Shower room + WC and basin.
- Bedroom 2. One double and one single upstairs, TV.
- Bathroom 2. Corner bath + WC and basin.
- Small private paved garden with seating and BBQ.
- Children over 12 welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.